Congratulations to the following umpires that are being selected to work this years state tournaments.
James Fancher, Dave Malley and Mark Monson
Geno Hanson, Dennis Harris, Dan Pelletier
Scott Schimetz, Bob Selz and Rick Shomion
While this list is smaller because there are no consolation games, this is still a good showing for Gopher State Officials.
The MSHSL issued updated guidance on masks for officials dated May 10, 2021.
Baseball and Softball:
• Umpires are not required to wear a mask.
• Conduct the pregame conference at home plate, while maintaining six feet from each head coach.
• Conversations with coaches, athletes or umpires must take place at a distance of six feet or more at all times.
• Umpires are strongly recommended to wear a mask.
• It is recommended that teams sanitize the baseballs/softballs between innings and umpires should limit touching of equipment (bats, helmets, baseballs, softballs).
• Use hand-sanitizer whenever possible and minimize hand-to-face contact.
• Officials are strongly encouraged to test weekly.
Gopher State Officials Association assigns high school and lower level officials in the sports of Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Softball. Gopher State's six original members established the Association in the 1960s and Gopher State has grown to several hundred members covering dozens of schools around the Twin Cities metro and the outlying areas. Gopher State is a member of the Minnesota State High School League. Find out more about Gopher State's history and vision here.
President: Mike Madden
Secretary: Bozo Wincek
Copyright © 2021 GSOA | All Rights Reserved